Friday, August 29, 2008

Training for the Atlanta 2 Day Walk for Breast Cancer...

It's almost here - the Atlanta 2 Day Walk for Breast Cancer.

Live countdown is below on the right :)

I'm walking with my friend, Lou. We've both raised our money (a little over $1,000.00 each), so we're ready for the walk! We were both very lucky to have friends and family contribute to our cause. I'm walking for my 2 grandmothers, Dora and Buelah, so it's a very special walk for me. My mom and dad are even coming in town from Evansville for the walk.

I haven't talked much about the walk or my training here on the blog. Even though my intention was to use this blog as a personal and business diary, but I really use it more for my business. I think I feel guilty posting things that I'm doing that are keeping me from doing work ;D

Anyway, my training has not been as strong as I had planned because during our 7+ mile walks the balls of my feet were hurting so bad that I took off over a week just to let them heal. Then, as soon as they started feeling better I had a really bad neck ache for about 4 days. Anyway, those injuries have taken a toll on my training, but I'm sure that I'll be fine. Lou and I walked just under 10 miles today. My feet felt much better, so I think I've worked past my injury.






No comments:

Post a Comment