Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I'm getting excited...

A friend of mine, Cary, asked me earlier today if I was getting excited about the walk [Atlanta 2-Day Walk for Breast Cancer] this weekend [yes, this weekend!] and it was then that I realized that I wasn't excited. I've been looking forward to it and preparing for it all year by raising money and walking, but at the same time I've just been working on the daily things that need to be completed and my business has been tough this summer and has had me a bit overwhelmed. So, when I came in from talking to Cary I decided to spend some time working on something fun for the walk that would get me excited and it worked!!

First, I spent a couple of hours this afternoon trying to decide how I'm going to display that I'm walking in memory of my grandmothers. I'm wearing a backpack, so I can't really wear something on the back of my shirt like a lot do in the shorter 5K walks. My backpack has front clips that come across my chest, so you can barely see the 2 Day Walk logo that I've embroidered on my shirt. So, I designed and created a "sign" of sorts to attach to my backpack. I think it turned out really cute! I just used some cute polka dot fabric (it was thin so it puckered a little at the top) I had and embroidered my design on it. Then, I just tacked it in place.



While the "sign" was stitching I decided to adorn the backpack with pink and green ribbon to match! It's much cuter now!! I really wasn't crazy about carrying red backpack, but now you can barely tell it's red [ kind of ;D ].



I know my grandmothers would be proud of me for walking, so I'll wear this with great pride. It will be an emotional weekend, so I'll be strong and try not to cry too much. This is all for a great cause and the money will go towards finding the cure that we need. My parents are coming in town so that they can see me on the route, so I hope to have a picture of me and my mom to post next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment