Friday, September 26, 2008

"Do you guys have gas?"

That's the question I called and asked 17 gas stations within a 4.4 mile radius of my house this morning before I had one tell me where I could get gas! The answer was just "No" at all the other stations! So, I called the station with gas (Chevron @ Lakeland Plaza, Cumming, GA) and they said they would probably have gas until 11:30 or 12:00 (it was a little after 9:00 when I made the call). I immediately jumped in my car and headed over there. I only had to wait in line for about 30 minutes and they didn't have any limits on how much you could get, so I filled up and it was a successful trip!

One note about the service ~ it was excellent! They had 2 controlled lines coming into the station and someone directing each line to the appropriate pumps (tank on driver's side or passenger side?). I had read an article about fights in lines due to chaos, so it was nice to have such an organized, controlled line. Funny how such a simple thing can make all the difference ;D

Jeff was also low on gas this morning, so he took the LONG way to work to pass as many stations as he could. Driving way out of the way paid off because he found 1 station after passing at least 7 without gas.

I was nearly on empty, so I couldn't afford to drive around looking for a station, so I was feeling trapped here with no gas and no possibility of getting any. I'm so glad I have gas now, I can get busy and stay home working without feeling trapped :)

I hope I don't have to post any other notes about the GA Gas Shortage...but they say that this will continue to be a problem into at least sometime next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment