Friday, August 22, 2008

Olympics...winding down

I don't know about you, but I've been glued to the TV watching the Olympics! I have really considered it a luxury to spend the time that I have watching the amazing athletes compete. I've cried, cheered, and been frustrated.

My favorite athletes to watch have been Shawn Johnson, Michael Phelps, Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh and Alicia Sacramone.

Shawn Johnson - how can you not just love little Shawn Johnson? She was my pick for all round, so I was soooo disappointed that Nastia Liukin got the gold. At least she got the gold for her beam routine - yeah!

Michael Phelps - all I have to say is AMAZING! He was so much fun to watch.

Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh - okay, I have to admit that the first match I watched I was like "is this a real sport??", but after watching a few more matches (how could you miss them, they were all during prime time) I was HOOKED! They are an amazing team and so much fun to watch.

Alicia Sacramone - so sad that she trained so hard and just couldn't pull it off at the Olympics. She was so disappointed, she sucked me in and had me crying too.

Triathlon - I didn't really get wrapped up in any one athlete, but really enjoyed watching the women's triathlon event!

Even though I've really enjoyed the Olympics, I'm glad that they are almost over ~ I really need to get back to work! Don't get me wrong, I've worked while watching...but...

No comments:

Post a Comment