Thursday, June 3, 2010

Communication is Key!

I was reading a few of Enmart's blog entries yesterday and ran across one that caught my eye. They were discussing the way the embroidery supply industry communicates with their customer [or doesn't communicate]. They mentioned how most companies that have blogs just post about their newest product and hope that you will buy the product after you read the post. I thought to myself, "Oh no, that's what I do." I'm very guilty of that as far as my blog is concerned. I just have so many things that I'm always trying to juggle that posting random things on my blog are pretty close to the bottom of my to do list [sorry, it's just a fact of life]. I use my blog as a sort of one-way communication tool to let my customers know about new sets, new supplies, sales, free sets, etc. I started to worry, because I don't want to be that company [and don't feel like I am that company], and the more I thought about it, I realized that I have a very good two-way communication tool that I use every day - my Yahoo Group! The group is awesome and the members love it. It's a place where anyone that embroiders can find the help and support they need for whatever project they're working on, no matter what type of machine they have. I have learned so much from the group, that I don't know what I would do without them! Of course, the members of the group help me determine what I need to be working on, what type of improvements I need to make, what products I need to carry, but even more than that, they remind me that we are all just people trying to enjoy our lives and embroidery machines! Whew, I was so glad to realize that I'm not that company; I really do care about my customers :) Just remember that communication is one of the most critical keys to keeping any company viable.
Here's what some of the members have to say about the AKDesigns Boutique Yahoo Group:

Thanks for all your help! This was very helpful and I'm going to put the monogram on the side opposite the zipper pocket. Thanks again for being such a great group!
Mandy

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Thanks so much Angie - I really do appreciate all that you do for us. I was a real newbie to embroidery when I found your website and then the group. I can't tell you how much I have learned from you and all the great ladies who contribute to the group. It is such a tribute to how you run the group and the people you attract. I am honored to be among them. And I can't leave out the quality of your designs. You set the standard for me when I look at designs and embroideries.
God Bless,
Cheryl

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Isn't it great to have a place to come and learn how others do things??
Phyllis
...
I agree Phyllis! I absolutely love this group!
Brandy DeVoy

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Thanks for all the tips and resources found here! I'm not sure I would be enjoying my new hobby without the stuff I've learned on this board! Are any of you members of other Online groups with support similar to this one? I would love to know your suggestions. The others I've found seem to be people advertising something, not really learning and problem solving together like this one.
Thanks in advance!
Kim

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Thanks so much Angie for getting back to me so quickly and especially for the fabulous deal! I also wanted to let you know that I love being part of your group. You put so much time into it and are always there to help people out and write back to them. I don't know how you do it all.
Thanks again,
Pamela

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I want to support what Elissa said about Angie’s fonts – they are consistent in their quality and beauty – the best of all I have tried – they are my “go to” fonts every time. I found this group about 6- 8 months ago and I understand exactly where you are in the learning curve. This group is the most supportive and sharing group I have ever experienced. It is amazing what I have been taught by these wonderful ladies. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. And Angie is always willing to help.
Cheryl

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Hi,
I am new here and have just really gotten started in my embroidery business. I have felt very much alone in my endeavor to make my business, my dream a success until I joined this group of lovely ladies. I would like to say that I have learned so very much from everyone and finally feel like I have found a place with wonderful people that I can trust and confide in. It feels great to have you guys and I thank the Lord for all of you and the willingness that everyone has to share their “secrets” of their trade with others. Thank you all for making me feel so at home.
Thank you and May God Bless You All and Keep You Well,
Christina

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


I would love to hear your comments :)



Share on Facebook

2 comments:

  1. Angie- Your group is really great for getting information, and it's so useful for everyone who's looking for specific things. I don't post much on there, but usually when I've had some kind of problem I search the history and find a few messages on my topic so then I don't need to post. You're definitely not "one of those" stores. Great job!

    I'm sure you get a lot of feedback on Facebook as well, that's where I do most of my advertising of new products, and it is so easy for people to comment back and let you know what they think.

    Dana
    www.cuddlebug-babies.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie,

    There are lots of ways that companies communicate, as you've pointed out. The companies that I was really aiming at were the ones who don't make any effort to communicate at all. It sounds like you're doing fine.

    By the way, thanks for reading the blog. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete