Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Testers Needed!

Okay ~ if you're a member of my Yahoo Group then you're already aware of the project that I'm working on. There have been several discussions in the group on how to keep your item secure and in place without moving while stitching ~ this goes for hooped and un-hooped items. Really, even more so for un-hooped items because there's more of a challenge attaching your item to the stabilizer that's hooped. I know that someone that's reading this is thinking "why would you only hoop your stabilizer?" ~ well, it's actually easier to stitch most things un-hooped! There are lots of us that don't hoop anything anymore, because it's just so much easier not to.

The solution that several are using is basting stitches around the outside edge of the hoop before starting to stitch their design. This is a great idea because whether your item is hooped or not, it ensures that your item and stabilizer are secure and in place before stitching your design. I made my ribbon templates with the same idea in mind, but didn't realize that there was such a need for everyday stitching on all items.

The problem is this ~ where do you get basting stitches that fit your hoop?

  1. Your machine ~ does your machine have a "fix" button? If so, this is probably what it does. So, you should be all set and you can start basting away. If you have any questions, you can probably find the answers in your machine's manual
  2. AKDesigns Boutique ~ that's what I'm working on ~ making hoop basting templates for all the different hoops out there.
The hoop templates that I've made so far are listed below [the smallest measurement is first to help with searching] and are in the process of being tested. As soon as the testing is complete, I will add them to the website so that you can start using them.
  • 40mm x 60mm = 1.5" x 2.3" template size
  • 80mm x 120mm = 3.1” x 4.7” template size
  • 100mm x 100mm = 3.9” x 3.9” template size
  • 100mm x 170mm = 3.9” x 6.6” template size
  • 114mm x 171mm = 4.4” x 6.7” template size
  • 120mm x 120mm = 4.7” x 4.7” template size
  • 110mm x 126mm = 4.3” x 4.9” template size
  • 130mm x 180mm = 5.1" x 7" template size
  • 140mm x 200mm = 5.5” x 7.8” template size
  • 160mm x 260mm = 6.2" x 10.2" template size
  • 200mm x 260mm = 7.8” x 10.2” template size
  • 200mm x 300mm = 7.8" x 11.8" template size
If your hoop or hoops aren't listed above and you have a need for a basting template, just e-mail me the hoop size, machine make and model and I'll make the templates for your hoops. The first template that I make for each hoop size will be free to the person that requests it because I will require that they test the template for me ~ so you will be the TESTER :) Please let me know if you have any questions.

Please e-mail the hoop & machine information to angie@akdesignsboutique.com.

Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI! Noticed you started following my blog, twigglebox.blogspot.com, and thought I'd stop by and see what you did. I love your stuff, it's so cute! Thanks for following, and maybe we can trade links or giveaways sometime!
    Hollie
    www.twigglebox.com

    ReplyDelete