The solution that several are using is basting stitches around the outside edge of the hoop before starting to stitch their design. This is a great idea because whether your item is hooped or not, it ensures that your item and stabilizer are secure and in place before stitching your design. I made my ribbon templates with the same idea in mind, but didn't realize that there was such a need for everyday stitching on all items.
The problem is this ~ where do you get basting stitches that fit your hoop?
- Your machine ~ does your machine have a "fix" button? If so, this is probably what it does. So, you should be all set and you can start basting away. If you have any questions, you can probably find the answers in your machine's manual
- AKDesigns Boutique ~ that's what I'm working on ~ making hoop basting templates for all the different hoops out there.
- 40mm x 60mm = 1.5" x 2.3" template size
- 80mm x 120mm = 3.1” x 4.7” template size
- 100mm x 100mm = 3.9” x 3.9” template size
- 100mm x 170mm = 3.9” x 6.6” template size
- 114mm x 171mm = 4.4” x 6.7” template size
- 120mm x 120mm = 4.7” x 4.7” template size
- 110mm x 126mm = 4.3” x 4.9” template size
- 130mm x 180mm = 5.1" x 7" template size
- 140mm x 200mm = 5.5” x 7.8” template size
- 160mm x 260mm = 6.2" x 10.2" template size
- 200mm x 260mm = 7.8” x 10.2” template size
- 200mm x 300mm = 7.8" x 11.8" template size
Please e-mail the hoop & machine information to email@example.com.