Friday, April 3, 2009

Tweet Tweet...

As I mentioned in my last post, I'm going to work hard to make sure that I blog about things that I feel are important or interesting, so...I have to blog about Twitter today. I know some of you are like, "why does everyone keep talking about twitter and who cares???" and some just wonder what it is and some have not even heard of it!
Well, I've been tweeting since August 23rd, 2008 {just looked it up ;D}. I opened the account after I saw the link on a blog I was reading and just thought it was a cool little place to post random updates and pictures for personal use. Then, I quickly realized that it was a great business marketing tool! If you have a business {any business ~ large or small}, you need to be on Twitter! It's fast, easy and FREE - there's really no excuse to not be a part of the twitter craze. All you have to do is post short blurbs about what you're working on and links to your website or blog and new customers will find you - just make sure that you use keywords!
Photobucket
You can follow me by clicking HERE or by clicking on the twitter pic above.


There are also iPhone {I use Twittelator, but there are several to choose from} and Blackberry apps, so you can add updates while on the go.


Some Twitter Tools:

is.gd - url shortening tool
TwitBacks - background generator {I didn't use their free service, but I was inspired by them}
Search Twitter - search engine

A couple of related articles:

Twitter? It's What You Make It

TwitterBlog


Have fun tweeting!



No comments:

Post a Comment