Thursday, March 12, 2009

Pandora...

Do you listen to music? Do you listen to music on your computer? If you do either, you'll love Pandora! I love music, but I'm lazy about it. I don't buy a lot of CDs or search out new groups. I'm quite content with radio stations because I'm so laid back when it comes to music. I have to tell you though - Pandora.com is amazing! My hubby has been telling me to try them out for months and I've been putting it off. I finally signed up {for free} this morning and have been enjoying it all day! I've listed the simple steps below to get you started - enjoy!

  • Go to Pandora.com
  • Create a login
  • Click on "Create a New Station"
  • Type your favorite artist or song
  • Pandora will play a song by that artist or the song you picked, then it will play a similar song, and another similar song, etc. etc.
  • The really cool thing is that you can give the songs a thumbs up or thumbs down. This tells the database which songs you like and don't like for future picks. Once you give a song a thumbs down, it will never play again. So, you create your own custom radio station.
I started my first station and called it nevershoutnever [listen to him if you get a chance - he's great!] and added Jason Mraz as well. They have played lots of other songs and bands that I've enjoyed [Second Hand Serenade and Jack Johnson to mention a couple]. It's well worth the few minutes that you'll spend setting up the account.

Last, but certainly not least ~ there's a free iPhone app! Just go to the app store on your phone and search for Pandora. Then, once it's downloaded you can just open it, login and enjoy!

ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. You know, I'm right down the road from you. In fact my daughter lived in Suwanee when she did an internship at Emory in Atl and it's a lovely town. I love your embroidery, your sites and I listen to Pandora music all the time! If you were next door, we'd be having some fun every day with our machines! How did you learn to do your web pages? I just don't know how to do that, but yours are great. Keep it up- you are great! Vicki Dudai

    ReplyDelete