I also thought it would be nice to take a minute to reflect on some of the things that we [me, Jeff & Allie] did in 2008 that made it so awesome. I know 2009 will be even better ;D
Then, at the bottom I've included some resolutions that I hope we can use as a guideline for the coming year.
I hope I didn't leave too much out, it's hard to remember everything ;D
2008 Family Fun:
- Spent spring break in Florida and had a wonderful vacation. Allie brought her friend Nylet and my mom and dad even stopped by for a couple of days. It was a great time at the beach.
- This will seem kind of morbid, but Jeff & I spent a few days in AR with his family when his granny passed away. We really did have a good time visiting with everyone, so even though we were there for a sad occasion it was nice.
- Jeff's family [mom, sister, brother-in-law and 2 nephews] spent a few days with us over Memorial weekend. We spent one day doing touristy stuff in Dahlonega and Helen and another day at Six Flags.
- Allie & I spent some time in Evansville visiting with my family during the summer. We were able to see my grandpa and some of my uncles, aunts and cousins.
- Jeff's dad spent a couple of days here right before Thanksgiving. We had a great lunch the day he left @ Sushi Nami. He showed us how to properly eat sushi [like cleansing your palette with ginger in between types - who knew?]. He also had us try several kinds of sushimi [just plain raw fish] - it was surprisingly good, especially the salmon.
- My mom, sister and nephew came to spend Thanksgiving with us. For the first time ever we did the "Midnight Shopping Madness"! We had a great time - we shopped from Midnight to 9am!
- Allie & I spent a couple of days in Evansville before Christmas. It was good to see Grandpa feeling a little better.
- We all started mountain biking again.
2008 Jeff Awesomeness:
- Logged nearly 500 running miles in 2008 - WOW
- Mountain biked at Central Park alone - lots
- Got a promotion, raise and title change at work - yeah!!
- Worked really, really hard so that Angie could continue to stay at home and work instead of getting a "real" job ;D
- DIY projects - ran electric, phone and network cable in the basement; hung drywall in basement; and painted the main level of the house
2008 Fun for Angie:
- Trained for and competed in a sprint Triathlon
- Trained for and walked in the Atlanta 2 Day Walk for Breast cancer in memory of my grandmothers
- Played tennis [Alta spring and fall leagues] and went to playoffs in the fall
- Spent a girls week at the beach with Debbie, Sonia and Lou
- Started playing poker monthly for a girls night out
- DIY projects - Painted faux treatment on one wall in living room; helped Jeff with paint in the rest of the main floor; helped tape & mud drywall in the basement
- Finished her freshman year with all a's and 1 b
- Got her driver's permit
- Had the best summer ever just hanging out with her best friends [Kate, Same and Katy]
- Had a great time going to concerts ~ a total of 5
- Went to Six Flags several times over the summer with friends
- Spent a lot of time at the pool this summer just hanging out
- Started mountain biking again
- Is getting great grades this semester [she works so hard]!
- Got her first car ~ a silver Beetle!
2009 Family Resolutions:
- Eat at home more [cook more ;D]
- Be more active [mountain biking & hiking together]
- Keep a close eye on what buy
- Try to get more sleep [all of us stay up too late]
- Pick up after ourselves so the house will stay cleaner
- Spend more time together as a family
- Eat healthier foods and think about what and why I'm eating
- Improve my tennis game
- Take Max for a 30 minute walk daily [at least most days]
- Keep up with house work better [try to keep main floor company ready at all times]
- Continue to grow my business