Our website is going to have a new look and a lot of new features soon! You can continue to make purchases on the old site like always. :)
This is what the current website looks like:
This is what the NEW Website will look like:
This has been a HUGE project with lots of changes and lots to do, but it will be worth it for all of us once it's completed! Once the change has taken place, please e-mail [email@example.com] me if you notice anything that doesn't work correctly, anything that's spelled wrong, any pictures that don't match the product that you're looking at, etc. My daughter and I have worked on this move together, so I'm sure between the two of us that we've missed a few things :)
Planned "Switch" Date: Monday, June 6th before noon. This is the day that I plan to make the change from the old website to the new website. The switch could be moved to a later date, but it won't happen before the 16th. I'll keep you up to date with this blog, facebook, my yahoo group and twitter.
What do you need to do?
- Please take a minute to read at least most of the information in this post and ask me any questions before June 6th.
- Go to your Account History on our current website before June 6th and print your past purchases so that you have your order history handy if needed. I'll have those records as well, but I know a lot of you will feel better if you have them too.
- Look for an e-mail from me on the day of the switch that includes your account e-mail address and new temporary password.
- Bookmarks/Favorites - any pages that you've bookmarked should still work after the "switch". Please e-mail me if they don't work.
- Store Credit - if you have available store credit, it will be applied on the new website and you will still be able to use it.
- Your account password will no longer work on the new website. You will receive an e-mail directly after the "switch" that will give you the e-mail address that your account is associated with and a temporary password along with instructions for how to change your password once you've logged in.
- If you received the e-mail above twice, you probably have 2 accounts with us using different e-mail addresses.
- NEW ACCOUNT - if it's easier for you to start over and create a new account and new password on the new site that's okay too. Just send me an e-mail [firstname.lastname@example.org] and let me know so that I can delete the old account that I copied over from the old website.
- Format Choices - you will no longer select your format during the "add to cart" process, all formats that are offered will be available in the download area.
- Instant Downloads - you will receive several download tries with your purchase, so this process will be much easier.
- New Mobile Website - This will make it so much easier to navigate when browsing on your phone. It should work on the following mobile devices: iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Palm Pre, and all Android based devices.
- Wish List - The wish list is easy to share with friends & family. We've had a lot of requests for a wish list, so I'm very excited that we'll be able to offer one now!
- Product Reviews - I can't wait until the website has been active for a while and everyone has had a little time to enter product reviews for their favorite items.
- Compare Feature - this will make it so much easier to compare product details!
- Current Top Sellers -This list will change based on current top selling items. I know that this will be helpful for those looking for the most popular sets.
- New Products List - Now you'll always know what products have just been added.
- Most Popular Products - This list will change based on Product Review Ratings.
- Recently Viewed Products List -This list will show you all of your recently viewed items.
- Messaging - this will be a great way to communicate! This will eliminate any messaging problems that sometimes happen when messages are automatically forwarded to a spam folder. Our correspondence will now be part of your account detail.
- Instant Downloads - they're easier to find and all formats are available to download multiple times.
UPDATE 5/16/11: I updated the switch date in this post from May 16th to June 6th. We were supposed to make the big "switch" today, but our new host is in the process of rolling out a new version of their software. Our store was supposed to get the update the first of May, so we scheduled our "switch" after that date to ensure that any problems that might occur would be taken care of before we were actually live. They had a few hiccups with the roll-out, so we aren't going to get the new version until sometime next week. Thanks for your patience :)
Share on Facebook