Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sprint Triathlon @ Callaway Gardens

I had a great day! I participated in my first Super Sprint Triathlon @ Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain, GA with my girlfriends, Lou and Patty. We had to swim a 1/4 mile, bike 10 miles, then run 2 miles. I started swim lessons in January to start training for this and they didn't really help me at all (no fault of the instructors ;D )! I guess they did help me not panic when I was in water that was too deep for me to touch, but that's about it! The swim was really hard. The biking wasn't bad, there were just more rolling hills then we trained for. The run wasn't bad either, because it was pretty flat. I ended up finishing in 1 hour and 17 minutes, which was a lot faster than I planned. It wasn't easy, but I'm so glad I did it and I'll do it again next year!

Jeff, Allie and I had never been to Callaway Gardens, so we were pleasantly surprised at how pretty the whole area was! Jeff did a great job being our Tri Photographer!

In case anyone is wondering about the pictures below, I used Creative Memories StoryBook Creator to make the pages, then I took screen shots of them and posted the screen shots. My consultant is Pam and she is wonderful!













1 comment:

  1. That is just super awesome! You are officially a triathlete!! WAY TO GO!!! Now that you are moving to the dark side, we got to get you up on the lingo.... It's called a Super Sprint, not a mini-sprint, cause we don't want to think a tri is "less" than any other tri :-) and hubby would be a Sherpa! Since Dee Dee tris a lot at Women only tris, I like being a sherpa a lot :-)

    The Acworth Women's Tri in August is another great event you should look into. Dee Dee did that one last year.

    Good luck with your future tri-ing!!

    ReplyDelete